An upskilling or training sprint tackles a specific selling skill and outcome over a defined period. A sprint has a start and an end date in terms of the required learning, training and coaching interaction and producing an output and / or outcome. Sprints in high-demand include:
- Using pipeline stages accurately.
- Producing an accurate commit forecast.
- How to inspect and strategize a live deal.
- Re-strategizing stalled deals.
- Building a qualified target list.
- Developing a repeatable outbound outreach approach.
- Handling the first prospect conversation.
- Executing discovery.
- Building a Close (or Mutual Action) plan.
Notice that the sprints deal with live, real-world issues, not general "sales training" headings. Sprints are critical pieces of learning and planning that affect short term outcomes.